Monday, February 14, 2005

Happy Heart Day

Oh, glorious, oh so commercial Valentine's day! How I used to loathe you so! Yes. It's true. There was a period in my life where I actually hated this holiday. I would even wear black in protest. This was my I-hate-all-the-men-but-wish-I-had-one time of my life. After my hubby, things changed drastically. In fact, it was the first holiday we celebrated, after becoming a couple (boyfriend/girlfriend). Last night, he presented me with about $50 in Victoria's Secret lotions. Yum! (Pure Seduction, Romantic Wish and Sweet Temptation) I gave him a copy of Elf on DVD and Dodgeball (which I discovered we already have) and a new, Faberware rice steamer. He's a brown rice eating whore, so I thought this was appropriate. Our current steamer can make about two cups, where his new one can make twenty. He was most pleased (believe it or not).

I am so freaking focused today! There is truly something to be said about the power of the mind and how we can execute our control. I made up my mind over the weekend to really get serious again with my eating habits. Since I know have a WW calculator, I am no longer keeping my spreadsheet; however, I will keep it close by for reference. It's good to see where you once were and how you got there. So truly, I am talking serious focus here. I've totally psyched myself and feel good about my mind set. I've got some "muses" to help me along and will look back to them frequently for inspiration. Godspeed to me!

The Grammys were great last night! I was most pleased with the music, musicians and the exceptional hostess (I just love Queen Latifah and what a voice!). She's a b-girl at heart, but can still kick up the glam; she keeps it real without sounding ignorant and she's one classy lady. I admire her in so many ways. She was a terrific pick! As for the Oscars being hosted by Chris Rock, I seriously have my doubts. I hope he can pull it off.

Happy Valentine's Day to all!

0 comments: