Thursday, February 24, 2005

Expectations

Primarily, the expectations I have of myself, are way too high (I think). I've eaten hardly anything all week and my weight hasn't changed. You'd think the bonus to being sick would be a bit of weight-loss but noooo. I get stuck in plateau land again. What the hell! I suppose if I were doing the workout thing and burning those extra 3 to 400 calories, I would be seeing a difference. How is it that people starve themselves and loose buckets of weight and I eat barely anything and manage to stay the same? It's so frustrating. Typically, when I get sick, I want to eat everything under the sun (you know, comfort and stuff). This time, I made an effort not to inhale everything I saw and what happens? I'm stuck. Well, I'll try to be patient and see what happens when the workouts start up again. I'm trying really hard to try.

I watched American Idol and saw four of the folks get the big boot. You know, it's interesting that one of those chicks talked about not being seen or getting any exposure while she was on the show. It appeared that the folks that got voted off were folks I hadn't seen much of. I guess if you mug enough for the camera, it sure can help with those votes. I've never voted myself, but I sure have strong opinions about who I like and don't like.

My co-worker's birthday is tomorrow, but she's going out of town so, last night I baked her one of my famous Kaluha cakes. They are divine - devil's food cake, chocolate pudding, chocolate chips, eggs, sour cream, oil, kaluha and powdered sugar. It's enough to make your teeth ache! I also bought her little girlie things (body glitter, nail polish and dangle star earrings). She was mighty happy. It's always nice to get goodies for your birthday. I will never forget how I felt the year my birthday was forgotten. It sucked royally!

Here's to hoping against hope that the poundage begins to leave again.

0 comments: