Friday, February 25, 2005

The Weekend Approaches

I wish I had something exciting planned but alas, this is not the case. I will be doing the babe's hair first thing in the morning. Then, after her nap, I will be journeying to my mother's to write a proposal. Oh, fun. It just doesn't get much better than this!

The cake was a huge success, yesterday (my co-worker ended up sharing with the office). It was gone an hour after she sent the "all staff" email. You would have thought a chocolate cake was gold, the way people were snarfing it down. I guess it's a compliment to my baking skills as well. I had a small sliver myself and it sure was tasty.

I'm really liking these Van's waffles my hubby purchased. They are all wheat, 180 calories for 2 waffles with only 2 grams of fat and 5 grams of fiber. They taste a lot like those Belgian frozen waffles they used to make (the ones that you had to put in the sleeves before microwaving...that's the other thing. You microwaved those puppies, instead of the traditional toasting). The other thing is that they are 3 points (in regards to the WW diet). About 5 total, when you add a bit of syrup. Groovy! I had two this morning and an egg white.

I'm down 1/2 a pound. I hope it's more by the start of next week. I think it has to do with the little walk I took on the treadmill last night when I got home. Boy, was that something. I started hacking like a mad woman after only fifteen minutes (I took it slow, around 3.2 but I inclined to around 6). Not as fast, but a harder walk. I even burned more calories than I normally due. The workout makes the difference in how fast I loose, for sure. I'll take another jaunt this evening as well.

It's in the 50's here and I'm totally loving it! I love spring and can't wait for it to finally arrive. Everything about it is appealing; the colors, the weather, the smells. Wonderful! Here's to having a bit of spring fever and not having anything fun to do this weekend! :-)

0 comments: