Thursday, October 25, 2007

So Close!

I'm working at this early hour thinking that I'll journey downstairs to the elliptical trainer because...I'm just so close! I keep seeing that box of shoes. The next goal item, tempting and taunting me. "Wear me! Oh, please wear me!" It would be awesome to show up to meet my newly found, old friend wearing those heels to lunch. Can I do it? Oh, the sheer joy of strutting in with my newly found 160s body in those fabulous heels. Not that I'm trying to get with her, but the last time she saw me, I was quite the chuboid.

So, cold in the coughing stages, but pretty much out of the congestion stage. Should I do it? Should I bite the bullet and just get on that thing and burn through the last four days of non-exercising? I really, really want to. I was checking out my calorie intake versus weight with the journal I keep and I definitely see improvements during the weeks I work out. That's to be expected, I suppose. I just want more improvements...and I want them faster, dammit! Patience, Enchantress. Patience.

Oh, but the shoes. Then, there are the other goals. I've also started thinking a little bit ahead. What if I surpass the first goal and continue to drop? Do I set up more goal items, or consider the added drops just sugar-free icing on the cake? Perhaps those additional drops would mean a new wardrobe? I don't know. I won't count my chickens...especially with the holiday season fast approaching. My mother's cornbread dressing calling my name at 11:30 at night? I hope I can be strong, this year. That's always the hope. I don't dare say I won't indulge, but perhaps I can work in more workout time to compensate. For you see, there is actually a bigger goal at hand. I hesitate to mention it now, but I will soon.

0 comments: