Friday, October 12, 2007

Can't Understand Why This Keeps Happening

A while back, I posted about not being able to drink the generic version of Crystal Light, sold at Wal-Mart. It contains Magnesium Oxide and I determined that it made me break out in horrible hives (the scars of which are still visible). It also made me loose my ability to taste. I guess I'm destined to be rid of the ability to enjoy food no matter what water additive I drink.

I discovered the Lipton Green Tea on the go and really started digging it. It has caffeine, so I paced myself and made sure not to drink it too late. All was going fine until a couple of weeks ago, when I thought I'd acquired a nasty case of food poisoning. Turns out, it's the dang tea! It gives me the runny runs if I drink it now (I know, TMI). What the hell? I'm not talking about a loosening or anything resembling a mild diuretic, I'm talking about straight-up water from the bum. It's not good...not good at all. So, I've made a decision. There are going to be to days when I just suffer through and deal with it. Why? Because for 1., it's hard trying to get just straight, plain, boring old water down the gullet, 2., buying flavored water is way too expensive, unless I catch a sale, then I'll consider it and, 3., everyone needs a thorough cleaning every now and again. It's not nice, but it's tolerable.

Sound crazy? It probably is and I may change my mind about all of it in the coming weeks. I may start dropping peppermints in my water again and call it good. That was decent, but it wasn't Mandarin Orange flavored green tea.

0 comments: