Thursday, October 04, 2007

Back on My Elliptical

It was a refreshing, albeit difficult change from the treadmill (I talk as if I've been doing the treadmill thing for months instead of just twice). The refreshing part was seeing me click over 200 calories after only 15 minutes. I mean I literally burned twice as many calories in half the time. Imagine when I can stay on for 45 minutes or even an hour again! I was sort of calculating while I was standing on the scale this morning; if I could somehow get in two, elliptical sessions of thirty minutes per day, I would burn around 800 extra calories. The weight would just fall off! Now, I understand why I got so fit so fast the last time. I would do a morning workout (if I could get one in), then 30 minutes on the elliptical at lunch, then (if I was motivated and had time) a half hour or so on the treadmill in the evening. And, if hubby pissed me off in the wee hours, I would burn of my stress at 12:00 or 1:00 in the morning on the treadmill again. Now, we have this elliptical we didn't have back then...I would so be a skinny-Minny!

I couldn't possibly do this now, with the way everything is set up. Well, I guess I could...but do I really want to? Indy is still so young and is so needy and clingy sometimes. Besides, I like that she needs me right now. Later on, she won't want to have anything to do with me. Better enjoy it now. The set up would be to bring both girls downstairs and have them watch Elmo (or whatever) in the spare bedroom next door. I just have this feeling that if Indy knows I'm next door and wants me, she'll cry at the door for me and I couldn't just leave her out there to cry. Big sis can only do so much to keep her happy. However, if she's content to watch Elmo (or whatever) in the bedroom for at least 30 minutes without problem, there's my workout! Maybe I'll give it a shot and see what happens. Worse case scenario is she pulls me off before I've had enough time and I miss an extra workout for the day. Not a big loss I'd say since I already got one in this morning.

0 comments: