Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Happy Birthday to Me!

It's official. I am now thirty years old. Do I feel different? Nah. I've been feeling thirty since around September. It's cool and I'm so cool with it. Actually, it's a great deal better than being twenty, when you're unsure of who you are and where you're going and what in the world your purpose is. I still feel that some times, but I'm definitely more sure of myself.

Yesterday, I received the most beautiful, purple, potted tulips from a coworker. I also received a bottle of champagne from my side-kick, who now works with me. Then, a big bunch took me to lunch at one of my favorite restaurants, Cafe Trang (It's a Vietnamese/vegetarian bistro that has the world's best lo mein, truly!). My hubby took me to McGrath's Fish House, which was wonderful and romantic. I had their Crab Celebration special which was absolutely to die for! I swear, I could eat crabs everyday. When we lived in Florida, I could never get enough. (Thank goodness their good for you.) Afterwards, we indulged in the Apple Crisp and shared it for dessert. When we got home, I turned down the covers to get into bed and out popped the first and second seasons of Seinfeld. Altogether, I'd say it was a red-letter birthday. I'm looking forward to the future and all it has to offer, especially since this year will prove to be the most bewildering (but exciting) year I've had in a long time.

I'll be at the gym during lunch and I plan on hitting the forty-five minute mark today. It should help in breaking down yesterday's splurges. Thank the Lord I've survived another year.

0 comments: