Monday, January 10, 2005

Sick mom, sick babe

The strangest thing happened Tuesday afternoon. I was on the elliptical trainer and after about five minutes I got incredibly nauseated. I went another five minutes and it got worse. Thinking I should just work through it, I continued and at the sixteen minute mark, I got off, nearly ready to pass out. It was so weird! I stumbled into the locker room and immediately called my hubby. I could barely hold the phone, let alone get dressed (which I know is totally gross). I'm sure I grossed out the ladies at the gym, who had just showered and were changing while all this was going on.

I made my way back to the office to get my purse and keys, I then headed to the daycare to pick up the little one. I made an appointment and saw my doctor an hour later. He gathered it was a mild case of gastrointenitis (sp?) but I clearly didn't have all of the symptoms. So, I went home and took a two-hour nap. By Friday, I was getting a call from the daycare telling me that the babe had a 102.5 temperature. Not good. I raced over and picked her up. As soon as we got home, down with the Children's motrin. Poor kid. She was like a 29 lb furnace for two days. Yesterday was the first day without a fever and her appetite had returned. All seems to be well on the home front. I just hope hubby doesn't get whatever this is.

Meanwhile, I totally went over board on the comfort foods during the weekend (The week went great). I worked out this morning for forty-five minutes and totally felt it. Boy oh boy, what a couple of days of splurging can do to a body. You'd think I would have learned by now. Humans are just hard-headed in general, I think.

Well, it's back to work. There are 184 emails waiting for me to do something with them. I wish I could just highlight them all and push delete. I wonder how that would go over!

0 comments: