Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Wishing and Hoping and Praying

I tried on one of my skirts today, a neat little number with a subtle animal print...about 4 inches above the knee...size medium. It was not cute. I mean, it didn't look horrible, but I've definitely seen it looking better on me (sans the big bubble that is my belly, just above my knees). If for nothing else, I have to drop these few, troublesome pounds in order to get back into my cute clothes (comfortably). I've gotten off to a good start, as I've said earlier. It's going to be a difficult road, you know, especially with all the drama going on in my life, but I will persevere!

I changed my spreadsheet a bit, to reflect WW points now. I thought I'd give it a go and see where it takes me. Couldn't hurt, right? Besides, it's basically what I'm doing already, except they incorporate fiber and protein, where my plan does not (it really should). I even ate cottage cheese this morning. It was okay. I didn't remember what it tasted like and I had hubby buy me some a week or so ago, since I haven't had any since probably childhood. It's not something I'd want to eat all the time, that's for sure. I know it's a great source of protein and has very few calories so, maybe I'll have to (in the beginning) to aid in the process.

Hubby and I aren't talking a lot right now. We're both going through stuff and I think we're trying to spare each other of our trials. This is not a good thing, since we should be sharing. A lot of times, I'm very selfish about my problems, you know, not wanting to burden anyone else with them (especially my hubby). He's got a part-time job now (along with his full timer), he's still working on the basement and now he's working on getting new carpet in? It's insane! Plus, I know he's gotten really homesick and wants to see his family. Meanwhile, I'm trying to plan this Florida trip all while knowing that my job may be gone in 8 months, along with our house. Good Lord! What's a woman to do! Oh, and the thirtieth birthday will be here next week. Next week?!

Yeah, okay. I think I need an addiction for a while. I choose French Vanilla Cappuccinos. They're only 2 points and a great treat, in my book. To allow myself the addiction without the added guilt, it will be decaffeinated (not much of an addiction is it). Well, never mind. Who needs to stress of trying to break an addiction anyway! (Did you see that? I started and overcame in one paragraph. I wish life were so easy).

My hair is coming back. I don't think I mentioned that I shaved a bunch of it off. Don't worry. It's really not as bad as it sounds. There's still a lot on the top and it's growing in quite healthy. Hubby took off the back and got it down to about half an inch. He didn't want me to, but he said that if I had to do it (hair was falling out in clumps) that he'd much rather help me, in case I messed it up. Getting it healthy. That's the goal. I pretty much fried it with all of the coloring I was doing. I've gotten the color bug out of my system, now. I'm sure it will be another ten years before I do that again. So, who knows what I'll do next (thank goodness for my wigs).

0 comments: