Friday, January 21, 2005

The Time of Aquarius

It's the 21st...hallelujah! Finally out of that blasted, stifling Capricorn period. Now, I can be expressive, inventive and carefree...well, at least I have an excuse to try to be expressive, inventive and carefree.

Hubby and I are talking again, thank God! It was a soulful night of reaching out that we had last night. We're both sad about the impending loss of our house, but are happy about making a new start. Man, it sounds like we're filing bankruptcy or something. Trust me, we haven't resorted to those measures and I sure hope we never do. We've just determined that selling our house and moving back into an apartment was the best way to conserve money and allow me the ability to work part time, in order to see to the Babe's needs once school starts. All this will have to happen before August, of course. January is nearly over. I've got a pretty good idea of how fast August will get here. A new spice to the pot? We're leaving Utah...I think. Well, I told hubby that I was okay now with moving, if that was something he still wanted to do. I think it rejuvenated him because he called and had all these ideas of places were we could go. Places with warmer climates and less snow, places where black people aren't stared at like freaks at a freak show, places where mormons and conservatives do not reign. I, myself had done my own bit of research. If we had our druthers, we'd want to be in California. I hope that can happen for us, but who knows. We're pretty flexible. As long as there's steady work and good schools, we'll be fine.

I'm really doing well (the control thing again). I've decided that weekends will be the ultimate test, since I tend to lax so much during those troublesome days each week. I know if I can maintain my drive and control during Saturday and Sunday, it will only help to aid in the process. I've seen it before! Just looking at my spreadsheet tells me that the most dramatic losses occurred when I was drinking my water regularly, exercising and maintaining my diet for an entire 7-day week period.

It was a pretty good day, overall. I've got a lot on my mind with all the talk of moving, but I'm continuing to look forward to the future. I knew this year would bring change, but boy, the changes that are to be had!

0 comments: