Tuesday, January 04, 2005

A New Year and Simply Fabulous

I gotta tell yah, I am so happy that the new year is here. It just couldn't get here fast enough. 2004 really blew and I mean from start to finish. There were a few small highlights, but all the bad just seem to overshadow them. When the new year ball dropped and everyone screamed, I screamed right along with them. Holding my hubby close, I made optimistic promises that I know I will keep.

This site is about my weight loss journey, but also about my personal journey. For the first time in my life, I know who I am. I am comfortable with who I am and I am at peace. For years, I think I was swimming around trying to find me - dressing myself up in new ways and allowing myself to synch-up with whomever I found interesting. It's not about finding the pieces of you in others so much as it is finding out how the real you gels with everyone else. The real me is not glamorous on the outside. I look more home bodyish than anything, and that's okay. I have average-sized feet and am way short. My teeth are crooked and I have myopia. My arms are huge for a girl, but I have the tiniest fingers. As with any woman, I deal with my little insecurities but, you know what's important? I am kind. I believe in people, no matter how much they don't believe in themselves. I am loyal and trustworthy. People feel comfortable talking to me. I have repoire with nearly everyone I meet and I am genuinely missed when I leave a place. I am a pop culture nut and can remember minute details about some things, and miss them entirely in others. That is who I am. That is me, no matter how much weight I put on or take off, no matter how many colors I dye my hair, no matter where I may live.

So, I will be here, most days (I can't promise everyday because "life" is always happening) working hard to get fit and into shape and trying desperately not to lose my sanity in the process. It's a work in progress, this me...and, I'm okay with that.

0 comments: