Tuesday, May 16, 2006

My House is Too Hot


I didn't work out much, this weekend. In fact, I got in one more episode of "Hooked" then didn't work out again. Not because I wasn't motivated but, dear Lord! My house is so hot! We are having unseasonably warm weather in our neck of the woods (about twenty degrees warmer, in fact). It's nuts! I'm not used to nearly 90 degree days in May and my house isn't really prepared for it. We've now got fans everywhere to try and keep the house cool. By 5:00 p.m., you're nearly melting and it doesn't really cool down until 11 or 12 in the evening. I'm not enjoying this at all. So, it makes no sense to get myself all sweatied up only to take a shower, get out and start sweating all over again. Yuck! I left Nashville sweats, I'm not trying to do that again. I'm really hoping we'll get another couple of cool days before true summer arrives, then I can workout on those days then hopefully by then, we'll have some sort of cool house air.

It's looking as if our neighbor's friend will never come and install the air conditioner we so desperately want and need and I know my husband is never going to get on the roof to service the swamp cooler. Am I destined to burn up, implode, melt in my own home? Death by heat...doesn't sound too pretty. I'm not sure what I'm going to do because I was so motivated and ready. Another stumbling block to get over. Hate those blocks, I gotta tell yah. Please oh please anonymous friend of my neighbor, if you're out there and you read blogs about weight loss and new lives, this is your friend Ryan's neighbor who is in desperate need of that air conditioner you're holding for ransom. What is the ransom fee, I'll pay whatever, if only to keep my butt from getting any rounder. Is a check okay?

0 comments: