Thursday, May 04, 2006

Burn Baby Burn


I climbed onto the elliptical trainer last night for the first time since I've had the baby. Yeah. I'm still looking or my quads. They were on fire! I knew that I'd only be able to do five minutes, getting on, but after only fifty seconds I thought I would die. So, two minutes was all I could muster (I know, I know. I felt like a total weakling, too). Then, I jumped onto the treadmill for 25 minutes, walking at a pretty fast clip and doing only about three minutes worth of a jog (this portion's music really didn't allow for much jogging). It wasn't fast enough for a run; however, try walking to "Turn the Beat Around" and see how much you're sweating, afterwards? Phew!

After my five minute cool-down, I thought I'd give it another go on the elliptical. I burned thirty calories in the next two minutes. Man, that thing is great for burning up those pesky calories. I really hate the build-up period, you know? I just want to jump on and be where I was this time last year but, alas. I must practice patience and work my way back up. Rome wasn't built in a day...


She looks so happy, doesn't she? Yeah. I didn't quite look like this last night. This is the model I have, by the way; a Proform 675. It's going to be great again (my ability to workout on a whim with no problem), I'm sure. I'm going to continue to be optimistic (yes, even if it does kill my quads).

0 comments: