Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Jog it!

That's the name of the CD I created to run to, since there's no t.v. in the workout room (yet). I took the baby down with me and put her in her bouncy chair, sent the oldest upstairs to eat dinner (and meditate on why lying is not good...she got herself grounded for trying to be a sneaky, devious five-year old and I will not have it), then started the disc. Here's the layout:

1. Borderline - I was moving at a good pace for warming up (about 2.8 or 2.9 mph). The baby thought I was funny as I tried to walk, punch the air and sing at the same time. I probably looked a wretched mess.

2. Love Shack - The pace picked up to about 3.3 to 3.4... Warm up's over and I'm moving (please keep in mind that I'm five feet, two inches so my stride isn't very long. This may be slow for some, but I was moving pretty good at this point.

3. Wild Wild West (80's) - Yeah, I was sweating on this one and it was the extended version or something. I thought this song would never end! (Around 3. 7)

4. Cool Jerk - Yep. I was off and running on this one (4.0) Phew! Thank goodness this song is only a couple of minutes long.

5. Tequila - 4.2 (this was too intense on a first go, so I slowed the treadmill down to a fast walk, again). I hope to be able to do the 4.2 in a week or so. It just wasn't going to happen last night.

6. The Hustle - 2.8 cooling down. Thank God! I've never been so happy to hear that song before in my life! It reminded me of when my girlfriend and I used to do step aerobics and our cool down song was UB40's version of, "I can't help falling in love with you". We were always thrilled to hear that song.

I then jumped on the elliptical for about a minute, stretched, then called it good. I showered, came back to the kitchen and cooked dinner. By eight, I was eating but completely wiped out. Normally, I don't eat so late but with the menu, I have to cook in order to eat. We've got great leftovers for the next couple of days (Italian Pasta Primavera was last night's entree). I put the baby down at 8:30, and was in bed by nine. It was nice to get the extra couple of hours of sleep. I don't plan on doing things quite in that order tonight. I think I'll eat first, wait a couple hours, then workout. There just wasn't enough on my stomach and that's definitely necessary for a workout as intense as what I did last night. Tonight, I'm thinking either another dose of FitPrime or a Firm classics (we'll see).

Today, we went out for lunch and I ordered the orange peel with tofu and veggies. My carb? Why, brown rice (loaded with fiber). It was tasty and I have leftovers. I'll eat them for dinner and will have had a really good day of nutrition (oatmeal for breakfast, protein bar for snack). Things are looking up.

0 comments: