Thursday, April 17, 2008

Why Do I Still Do This?

I'm always very aware of when my cravings start before TOM (approximately two weeks), but I still cave into them. Yesterday, anything I could get into my mouth was my mode for the day...let me qualify this - anything salty or sweet. Of course, I paid for the damage with the unfriendly number on the scale, but I'm doing much better today. I have to remember to use my *help* on those days to help stave off cravings. My workouts haven't stopped (thank goodness, because this is also the time when I say, "I need a rest day," or some such garbage). I've kept it up. I almost didn't this morning, until I remembered that I wouldn't get a work out in tomorrow.

I mentioned a few posts ago that I wanted to keep track of my dietary stuff on here again too, but that hasn't been consistent. I'm going to continue to try. I look back on posts and it's good to see what I was eating and doing and what worked the best. So far, I can say that eating buckets of salt and sugar does not work. Working out consistently and eating "clean" works very well. I haven't been cooking as much and I can definitely tell the difference in my weight loss. It has slowed down and I know it won't pick again until I'm grilling chicken, steaming brown rice and veggies, and drinking my water and tea regularly again.

I am excited about my trip this weekend. I know there will be lots of splurging, but I will temper the splurging with wisdom. It's supposed to be quite cold there and I know that automatically makes me want to scarf down the comfort foods.

0 comments: