Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Oh So Naughty (or) I Need My Scale!

Hubby and I went up to Park City with the girls this past weekend. I ate a very good breakfast (Jimmy Dean Delight sandwhich and small bowl of Fiber One cereal) and then we traveled up the canyon to the ski resort town for shopping. We were on the hunt for gymnastics and dance gear for the oldest. We found it and a whole lot more.

By the time lunch rolled around (2 ish or so), we were all starving! Not a good thing to be when you're surrounded by fast food joints. I had a Wendy's stack and some fries (along with a light Minute Maid lemonade). Then, because I was still so famished, I had another stack. Damage done, right? Wrong!! When dinner time came around? Where did we go? Dairy Queen! I had two double cheeseburgers and a small blizzard (which I did not finish, thank God). I keep thinking that if my scale were functioning, I could see the damage and do something about it.

Since the weekend, thankfully, I have been better. Today I'm pretty hungry, but I'm not letting it rule me. I figure I'll do a weight training workout this afternoon and then eat a good, solid protein-filled dinner. That ought to take care of things (I did work out this morning, btw; 50minutes on the elliptical). I burned around 650 calories. I definitely need more weight training, as I've said before. It's the muscle that's going to do me the most good.

Here's to hoping that 20% off coupon for Bed, Bath and Beyond is in the mail today. Yeesh!!

0 comments: