Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Still Moving on Down

Today's weigh-day number, 167.5, is probably the result of skimpy eating yesterday and furious cleaning this morning. We had a sort of gathering and meal at work yesterday morning and I did my eating there. By lunch, not only was I too busy to get lunch but I was still full from the morning meal. I didn't eat again until close to 7:00pm and it wasn't much; white rice and pot stickers. I then allowed myself a few of my hubby's Salt and Vinegar Lays (which were divine) and a glass of South African Shiraz. It was divine, too. I love the after-taste or the flavors that linger on your palate after drinking Shiraz. I think it's my favorite red.

For the next few days, I'll be home and I'm thrilled! This morning, I've been cleaning like a mad woman. My house was, to put it frankly, disgusting. So, I vacuumed, mopped, polished, dusted and scrubbed. My house now has that lovely pine smell and my feet no longer stick to the kitchen floor. I've got a candle burning, so soon it will smell like spice and pumpkin pie. Tomorrow, I'll take it easy...expending my energy only on the dessert I will make and take to my mother's. Friends are supposed to be coming, so it should be nice; however, I'm worried about the state-of-mind my sister is in. She could destroy the day for everyone with just a word.

Finally, we'll be getting our tree today (probably from Home Depot) but I'm going to run to Tai Pan Trading to see if they have any worth looking at. I can't spend any money today (Unfortunately...fortunately). I just took a look at my account and it is beyond scary. If someone tries to cash a check, they're going to be in for one rude awakening. I hope our pay checks post tonight otherwise, I'm going to have to rob from my savings to save my butt from bounce heaven. Oh, the holiday shopping!

0 comments: