Monday, November 19, 2007

How an 8 Feels

Well, pretty dang good if I must say so myself. I wore a size 8, black velvet dress to church yesterday, similar to the one on the right but with a much more flattering neckline. I was actually quite surprised at how well it fit. Of course, it is velvet and has quite a bit of give. The nice thing was that, even with the give, there weren't tons of rolls accentuated by that velvet. I was quite pleased. I even bought gel inserts for my goal shoes and wore them with the dress. I'm sure other people noticed, but no one really commented except my mother.

My weight this morning was 167 and I'm pleased but I'm a bit concerned about the impending holiday. I don't think that I'll gorge. We have outside guests coming and that always helps to put my eating in check. No one wants to look like a big sow in front of company. My plan is to weight train that morning...get my metabolism up running high enough to combat any extra calorie consumption for the day. Perhaps I should plan on an extra 15 or 20 minutes on the elliptical the day before, too. It couldn't hurt. I'm off that day and I think I can find something to amuse the kids for an hour or so.

My mother is currently in a six and is having a devil of a time trying to find things to wear. She doesn't wear trendy clothes, which is why it's so difficult for her. I hadn't even thought of that! I know Ann Taylor carries smaller sizes, but they're rather expensive. Macy's is good about tiny clothes and she's picked up quite a few things from there. I also suggested Ross Dress for Less and reminded her about that awesome discount she gets (senior citizen), but they tend to be a bit trendy too. Besides that, you have to sort of go in with the idea that you're going to spend some time there. You gotta dig for what you want.

I wondered, as she was telling me about her plight regarding the search for the smaller sizes. Will I have this to worry about in the future? I've never been a six (always wanted to be one, though) and I think it would be terrific to be able to get into things labeled small for a change. I don't mind the trendier stuff, as long as it's not too naked. Could I be one of those shopping at 5*7*9 or WetSeal in the future? Oh, yeah. They tend to be on the naked side of trendy.

There's a store in our local mall called Mariposa that has some of the cutest dresses I've ever seen, but I've always been to big to wear them (I think it's a teen store, but I can wear teen clothes when I'm this size and smaller). Perhaps that's something to reach for. Hey, I feel a goal item in the works. Which reminds me, it's time to do those again. My other goals are nearly reached and it's time to strive for even "leaner" and better things:


  • 35lbs (159) - New Perfume (more KL or Caesar's woman) Goal! Thursday, April 10, 2008 - 159.2
  • 40lbs (154)- Time for new pair of shoes - Mary Jane's or Steve Madden's
  • 45lbs (149)- New dress from Mariposa (or some other shop for smaller folks)
  • 50lbs (144) - a new bikini from Carabella
If I happen to go past the fifty pound mark, I'm thinking I would have earned myself a ticket to Lasix Land. My hubby shouldn't be the only one in the house no longer sportin' the spectacles.

0 comments: