Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Sunny Day/Moody Disposition

I've got a beef with one of the daycare teachers. For the past four years, I've brought the babe in a few minutes before opening. Her favorite teacher used to open up, but now she's in school and another teacher is opening the offices. Anyway, I hang out until the opening time, before I leave the babe because (technically), the daycare still isn't open. Fine. The previous teacher had no beef with that. Now, the current teacher who opens, I always have to break my back and bend over, just to get her to speak. She will, but it's a total act of congress. It's almost as if she'd rather deal with the children, then the parents (Well, sorry lady. We come as a set).

The babe had her as a teacher when she was much younger, and she was always so nice. (Maybe she's not getting any, as of late). Whatever bug is up her butt, has now translated to a huge sign on the door that says, "Please do not bring your children to the daycare before 6:45. NO EXCEPTIONS!" What the hell? Why does it matter now? She's usually just sitting there staring at the wall when I get there, or moving toys to the baby room. She's always happy to ask the babe to be her helper.

Anyway, perhaps I'm over-reacting but I think it's so dumb. If I'm there and I'm hanging out with the babe until time, then that shouldn't have any effect on what she needs to do to get the classrooms ready. It just burns me up! So, now I'm not killing myself to be nice. Maybe she'll never speak to me again, considering I had to work so hard before (I'm not sure how she is with the other parents. I've never paid attention, but I almost wish she were the same way with them. I've had to figure in the "race card" so much, lately and it's just sad). But enough on this subject...

On a happier note, I have three anniversaries coming up this weekend (Saturday, specifically): I will be seven years married, I will have been in my sorority for ten years, and baptized for 23 years. (It's also a friend's birthday.) Needless to say, the 9th is a big day. Hubby and I are trying to make some sort of plans, but nothing is set in stone. I know we'll probably do dinner (which is always a nice treat). Have I ever mentioned that my TOM arrived the day of my wedding? Isn't that peachy. It's looking like it will make an anniversary visit too (just my luck).

I had my "intercession" with the pastor of my church, my mother and my sister this past Saturday. It was weird, and yet somehow very predictable. I arrived first (always the early bird), my mom was right on time and my sister (not surprisingly) was late. She spent most of the session emoting, while my mom and I played the logic hand (this was the predictable part of the whole hour). We're supposed to meet again next week. I'm staying hopeful.

I'm so bloated. Ugh! I'm still eating okay and exercising, but the impending TOM is making me feel like a Good Year blimp. It's mortifying what my jeans and T-shirt look like today (any other day, and I would have actually pulled off "cute"). Hubby made his famous chili, which is chocked full of black and red beans, spices, lean ground Turkey and brown sugar. Yum! It's like a party for your colon (I immediately stopped at Wally world this morning and bought some beano. It's a good thing, too)! I'll have more at lunch time (beano and chili, that is).

I ordered a few things for hubby for our anniversary. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they arrive before Saturday. Otherwise, I'll be empty-handed (which I never want to be, when it comes to special days and my hubby). As I've said before, he's the most giving person I know. I'm always happy to give back to him, when I'm financially able (and this time, I am).

0 comments: