Monday, April 11, 2005

Seven Years and Counting

Hubby and I celebrated our 7th year anniversary this weekend. We went to a movie, out to dinner, did a little shopping then, capped off the evening with a cocktail and another movie. It was lovely. The babe stayed with her aunt, uncle and cousins for a sleepover and we had the house to ourselves. Of course, we missed her and ran straight over to pick her up Saturday morning.

Sunday, we made birthday dinner for my mother. Salmon marinated in Teryaki/garlic sauce, stuffed salmon, roasted potatoes and French cut green beans. For dessert, my mother's favorite, oatmeal raisin cookies. She seemed happy and we sent her home with leftovers.

Pretty much ate what I wanted this weekend, but got today off on the right foot. I'm determined to be bathing suit ready for May, and I'm nearly there. I need to drop a few pounds and tone up a bit more, but I'm nearly there. I'm doubling my efforts by starting up my morning workouts again. I won't do my mid-day workouts this week. Instead, I'll do my Firm tapes in the evening when I get home (before dinner). Hubby is off most of this week and I'm sure he'll do the dinners, if I'm this focused (except Wednesday...we're having dinner company on Wednesday, so I will do my mid-day then).

I haven't heard from any of the places where I've applied. It's like I don't exist. I'll start following-up on Wednesday, but I thought surely I'd have heard something today. Oh, well. I guess when it's time, it will happen. This waiting gets hard, but I will wait if that's what I have to do. I also know that my yahoo account probably sends up all sorts of red flags. I'll be contacting Comcast today about setting up an account through them (sent we use their service at home). Surely that looks more reputable. Perhaps employers will start contacting me back with a Comcast account.

I've been on edge lately and it's starting to have an effect on how I speak to people. So, I'm making a conscientious effort to think about things before I speak, to consult my mind and heart, before I release what's in me. I think it will make a difference and I won't feel like I'm bottling up so much. I had to really relax last night, in order to finally fall asleep. I was so pent up. It must have been really restful sleep because, despite the later hour, I woke up at 4:00am refreshed and ready to get started.

I'll keep plugging away with my new routine...geeze. It's amazing what we go through to look good and be healthy. I just wish it weren't so hard.

0 comments: