Friday, April 22, 2005

Whoa! Too Much Time has Passed

I can't believe how long it's been since I posted. Boy! I wish I had lots to say like,

"I found this awesome job that pays what I want, has the schedule that I want and provides me the flexibility that I need. I absolutely love it!" or

"The babe has auditioned for a commercial that will pay her enough money to send her to the private school in our city for the next ten years. In fact, it's paying her so much that I can quit my job and be a stay-at-home mom and support her." or

"Hubby quit the sheriff's department and is now personally training some big shot in Hollywood. We'll be moving next week to keep him company (lounging by the pool) in their big, Tudor-style mansion."

Hey, I can dream, can't I? Unfortunately, it's more like SSDD every day for the past month. Ugh! No change no hopes of a better tomorrow, as of yet. I have been getting calls from perspective employers who call and then don't call back after I call them. Mostly tech writing positions, but hey, it's work and I can do it.

I'm still weight training and looking pretty good, if I do say so myself. The weight is probably the same, but I'm telling you...being a slave to the weight scale number is for the birds (although, it kills me to say I'd like that number to be nicer). I'm taut and stronger, but still carrying extra weight. I hope that the "scales" tip in my favor soon. I'm getting so impatient.

This weekend looks to be nice. I have to do the babe's hair this evening, which is always time consuming, but worth it. It gives me two weeks of freedom, until I have to do it again. Before we go on our trip, I'll probably do the painstaking cornrows for ease and flexibility. They're not as cute, but much easier to care for. Well, it's time to begin my weekend, so I shall. Adios!

0 comments: