Sunday, February 28, 2010

Third Day of VLCD - Where are my pancakes?

Sundays are hard and probably will be for the next few weeks. Typically, we go to church then come home and go out for breakfast. Golden Corral anyone? Ah, yes. Anything with syrup is my weakness: waffles, pancakes, french toast. I love them...and I can't have them. So, I made breakfast for my girls (to a point). I pan fried their kielbasa sausage, Healthy Choice at least, then dad came in and finished up with the egg scramble because he saw I was struggling. What a guy! He's been very supportive. He finished making the eggs and I colored in the back room (stress reliever) while they ate a bit.

After about ten minutes, I felt strong enough to join them at the table. By the time they were done, it was time for lunch. I sauteed up some more radishes, heated up my chicken and nuked some sliced apples, sprinkled with stevia and cinnamon. That was tasty. Anything with sugar, even natural sugar, seems to make me happiest.

I drifted in and out of sleep on the couch, while hubby washed his car and picked up dog droppings from the yard. Most of the snow is gone, so he could actually see the piles. Nothing like Great Dane piles of poo. Poor guy. At least the Chihuahua's is barely visible. I don't think he even bothers with it.

This evening, I didn't get to eat until after 8:00pm, a mistake I hope not to repeat. I try to get everything in before 7:00pm, but we were still out shopping. I have enough protocol worthy food to last me for a while, at least. We'll see if eating later presents problems in the morning. I hope not.

I went under my calorie limit again today, but I'm not sure if that's truth or not. I think I may invest in a digital food scale soon. I'm not really trusting this "needle" one my hubby has. I'm sure it's getting me close, but I want to make sure I'm not depriving myself of needed calories and protein. Here are the stats for the day:

February 28th, 2010


Calorie goal: 1,236; calories consumed: 311; calories burned: 0
Net calories: 311
Mood: Okay

I was doing pretty well, until I had to cook sausage for my girls. Ugh! It smelled so good and I wanted to taste it so badly, but I resisted.

Later, we went to three grocery stores. Three! There were many temptations, but I resisted. [edit this diary entry]

Food Item Servings Cals Fat Cholest Sodium Carbs Sugars Fiber Protein
Tyson Chicken Breast 1.00 110 3g 55mg 180mg 0g 0g 0g 23g
Old London Melba Toast 1.00 20 0g 0mg 37mg 4g 0g 1g 0g
Radishes 1.00 19 0g 0mg 45mg 4g 3g 2g 1g
Fruit Golden Delicious Apple raw 1.00 80 1g 0mg 1mg 21g 0g 3g 0g
Celestial Seasonings Black Cherry Berry Herbal Tea 1.00 4 0g 0mg 0mg 0g 0g 0g 0g
Blue Star Lump Crab Meat 1.00 45 0g 65mg 220mg 0g 0g 0g 11g
Kroger Kosher Dill Spears 1.00 5 0g 0mg 220mg 1g 0g 0g 0g
Fresh Strawberries, Whole 0.50 28 0g 0mg 1mg 6g 3g 1g 1g
Totals: 311 3g 120mg 704mg 35g 6g 7g 36g

This morning's weight was 182.8 pounds. Is that for real? I made the mistake of taking a shower and weighing again. The scale bounced up 1.2 pounds. I brushed my teeth and took care of some other hygienic duties, then weighed again. This time, it was .2 pounds off. The boards say to weigh only once. Geesh! Now I know why.

0 comments: