Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Better than Typical Weekend

Despite the marathon weekend, I did better than I've done in the past (but not great). Friday night, it was dinner at a friend's house. We had grilled steaks, baja beans with steamed rice (my contribution), tossed spinach salad and strawberry shortcake for dessert. It was lovely. I didn't over do any of the foods, but I did have three cocktails (ouch!). Saturday, I had a bowl of oatmeal before leaving out to take my daughter to her competition location (4o miles away). I had my water, but didn't drink as much of it as I should have.

For lunch, I had steamed rice, mandarin chicken and potato chicken from Chinese Gourmet, while the rest of the family had Wendy's. See? I'm getting better. For dinner, we had Papa Murphy's Delite pizza (their new Mediterranean style) and boneless buffalo wings. Sunday, I went to breakfast with mom and only ate my eggs, one slice of bacon and toast. I didn't inhale my hash browns like usual (my downfall, typically).

Yesterday, I had a protein bar for breakfast (along with my water), Chinese for lunch (I was conservative at the buffet) and a Lean Cuisine meal for dinner. Truly, I'm doing better...even if the weight isn't changing much. Oh! Today is weigh day, but I didn't way (due to all the salt, yesterday). I will weigh tomorrow. I'm trying to flush out the salt if I can.

0 comments: