Thursday, August 21, 2008

And so, it Begins

I started the new diet today and, after lunch, I was still hungry. Now that I've had my afternoon snack, I'm doing all right. Here's what I had:

Breakfast:
1 medium California plum
5 Egg whites (small amount of salt and pepper)
2 cups decaf with Splenda

Lunch:

1 oz Baked chicken (slightly seasoned)
1/2 serving "low fat prepared" Pasta Roni (herb and garlic

Afternoon Snack:
(same as Lunch)

I know that dinner will consist of more chicken, but I'm thinking I'll pick up some low-fat coconut milk, Thai Peanut sauce and brown rice to make my fav meal. With the chicken, I think hubby won't have any complaints.

I worked out on the elliptical for 30 minutes and burned around 320 calories (nearly 100 less than what I normally burn because I took down the tension, but about the same as what I used to burn on the old machine). The tension has caused some trouble with my knees, so I think I'll have to let that be for a while. No one wants screaming knees. Hubby says we'll start the weight training program he's given me on Friday. We performed a run through yesterday and it's probably going to kick my butt. I suppose I'm ready (oh well, if I'm not).

0 comments: