Wednesday, March 21, 2007

A Little Bummed, but Not Surprised

The number today sat at 180.5, which I suppose is realistic, now that I'm feeling better and eating a regular diet again. Oh, but those 170's sure felt good. I'm sure I'm only a day or two away from really being there. It still sort of bums me out that I have to document it.

Today is a workout day, but I haven't been sleeping very well, so I hope to get in a workout this afternoon. Traffic was monstrous, yesterday. In fact, it took me thirty minutes just to get 10 miles out of the city. That's insane! I ended up going to my mother's as sort of a pit stop. I couldn't bare to sit in traffic anymore.

I didn't mention that I went to my water aerobics class last Friday. Our teacher said, "Good to have you back." Hmm. I wonder if she meant it? We had pool noodles that were shaped like "U's" and we had to stand on them, at one point (in the deep end). For those who don't know how water aerobics works, you were a huge belt around your midriff that acts as a floatation device. That way, you can use the resistance in the deep end without drowning. I gotta tell yeah...sometimes I'd much rather be without that blasted belt. It's so cumbersome! It's always riding up under my chest, no matter how tight or loose I leave it.

So, back to the pool noodles. I was trying...desperately to stand on mine, but it kept popping up and I looked absolutely ridiculous. Everyone else seemed to have no problem. Then, we did something else with them for a bit. By the time we went back to standing on them, everyone was having issues. I'm glad I'm not the only one who suffered from lack of coordination with the noodles.

I felt great, at class end and look forward to the next one. It was nice leaving the building with the sun still shining. That's new for me.

0 comments: