Friday, May 20, 2005

Still Tired, but it's Friday!

I came in still feeling really tired this morning. Now, I'm cramping and it's kind of a nagging cramping sensation, not the full on pain. I don't want to drug myself until that happens (am I sadistic or what?). I'm just not a fan of the drugs unless I really, really need them. I hate that loopy feeling. I could never be a drug addict. One or two cocktails and I'm ready for bed (and who wants to sleep 24/7 when life is going on?).

The day has kind of dragged here too. We had a pot-luck and that usually makes the day fly, but no such luck today, dang it. I've still got a whole hour until quittin' time and I'm not feeling all that motivated to work, right now.

Hubby and I will be "summerizing" the swamp cooler when we get home. It's an arduous process, but a necessary one (We nearly melted in our beds last night....88 degrees!). Where in the heck did that come from? We totally went from 50's and 60's last week and early this week, into the 80's. It's making everyone in my office sick as dogs. They just need to keep their germs to themselves, and I'll be happy.

So, I made a cream cheese, pound cake for the pot-luck. It didn't go nearly as quickly as my famous kahlua cake, but it's nearly gone. I guess everyone liked it. It was pretty good, for pound cake (I prefer to cook with alcohol. It gives baked goods a really rich and decadent flavor).

I wish I could say the weekend was going to be more exciting than summerizing the swamp cooler but, alas. I guess I'll just have to settle for dull. It's okay. Since our basement flooded last night (yikes), boring sounds pretty good right about now.

0 comments: