Thursday, May 19, 2005

Feeling Wiped Out

I walked on the treadmill this morning for about 35 minutes with a speed of about 3.7 mph and now, I'm just feeling like I need a nap really bad. I suppose this is just my body getting used to working out again, or it could be that I'm still trying to adjust to our outrageous altitude, after being at sea-level for a week, but who the heck knows. All I know is that if I had a little nook right about now (think George and his office on Seinfeld), I'd be in there snoozing. I thought my breakfast would at least perk me up a little, but no dice.

I've spent the first few minutes this morning reading my emails and searching for alternative work. I think I may talk to my mom again about helping me right a proposal that would allow me to work from home. I kind of think I should wait until the end of May, at least then I'll know if the babe was accepted to the school in this district or not. If not, than I've got good reasoning again for working from home. If so, then I don't have to really go anywhere (unless I want to). I do hope the market improves, but I kind of doubt it. Summer is nearly here and the market will be flooded with high school and college age kids who'll work hard for nearly nothing. This lady needs something.

We had Greek food for dinner last night. I was craving it so bad! It was weird. The plate I ordered came with a Gyro, chicken kabob, saffron rice, garlic potatoes and a side salad. Hubby, of course, helped me eat it (along with his own chicken gyro and chicken kabob). It was so good and really hit the spot. It's not often I want Greek food, but I really wanted it last night. In fact, I thought about it the whole way home. No strange cravings today, thank goodness.

The babe and I will be working on her (dare I say it?) scrap book for her show and tell at school tomorrow. She's going to put together pictures and "stuff" from our trip to share with her class. I will work with her on her presentation skills (well, as much as a four year old can work on presentation skills). It should be fun. I also have to bake a cake for a pot-luck we're having here at work tomorrow. Seems we're having a lot of pot-lucks lately. So many people are quitting (a couple have come back, oddly enough). I didn't know this was such a great environment to work in. Actually, I think people just get used to a place and don't know what else to do. Perhaps that's happening to me.

0 comments: