Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Wearing a Tight 10

Woohoo! I can almost breathe, even! They're a pair of capri, black jeans my hubby bought for me sometime last year. I could wear them with no problem in early 2003. Then, when the weight started to creep up, I had to retire them to the back portion of my closet. A couple of weeks ago, I tried them on and had trouble getting them over my hips. So, to have them buttoned while only leaving a slight imprint on my belly is a triumph indeed! Last night, we had baked chicken tenders with barbecue sauce, fresh steamed broccoli and Betty Crocker garlic mashed 'tatoes (without the butter, of course). I don't think I would have gotten into these pants if we had eaten anything other than that delightful, light meal.

I did some browsing on the Fit site and found many wonderful and inspirational journals out there. I'll have to take some time and write to these folks one weekend. They are truly miraculous!

Today, I'm having lunch with one of my co-workers. The best way to do an "out of office lunch" has been to plan ahead. So, what I'll do is determine what I'll order before I get there. If it's in my mind before hand, it's harder to stray. The place we're going is more of a deli, so I can't get into too much trouble anyway. They do have the bestest rice krispie treats and I've given myself the "thumbs up" for one of those.

Tomorrow is weigh day and I'm wondering if Saturday's number will be what I see. I truly hope so, but I kind of doubt it. (Water weight's a bitch, isn't it? ) I've told myself that I won't wear any over-the-knee skirts until I'm in the 160's again. I hope that happens sooner rather than later because this weather is screaming for cute skirts.

0 comments: