Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Making Good Progress

I've lost a few "L.B.s", as the gossip shows put it. It's a slow, steady journey. I'm mostly low carb so, the fat content is a bit higher than what I've done in the past, but I'm sated and feeling like I'm getting good nutrition. Hubby and I started our Detox this week. I can't tell if it's doing anything yet, but I'll keep up the regime for the entire 7 days as directed. It can only make things better, right?

Last night, I made a cheesy, green bean chicken casserole. The main ingredients were cheese, chicken and green beans but the other tidbits are what made it extra special. I hit three of the main food groups with just one dish! The girls? In heaven! Both asked for seconds and my oldest asked for thirds. We finished it up tonight. That recipe is definitely making its way into my regular rotation.

I need to get in more activity, but it's hard with my insane work schedule. I actually didn't get done until 7:45 this evening. Ugh! Thankfully, not a regular occurrence for me but, yeesh! I hope I don't see many more long evenings like it again. The workouts, however sparse, have been effective and make me feel good. I'm not doing anything too strenous yet. A bit of treadmill walking and some Wii action gets my heart rate pumping. I look forward to doing my Firm discs again. That's when I'll incorporate weight training and that's always good.

"Hello, TOM. What's with you being a day late? You better not pull a fast one and show up during my romantic New Year's with my hubby. I will be very put out."

0 comments: