Saturday, June 27, 2009

Let's Get Serious

Vacation is over and I put on most of the weight I took off; however, I am encouraged by some interesting information I discovered. I can't go into all the details because I'm not a doctor and I don't want to steer anyone in the wrong direction. I will say this; it begins today. I am supplemented by a homemade option that I know is going to make a huge difference. I will use this option for several weeks, and then cycle off. I will continue to track my food on The Daily Plate for myself and for anyone else who cares about what I'm eating (I have a huge feeling that it won't be much). My body can't hold this weight anymore, so I'm taking drastic action. It is necessary. My internal and external struggles are at an impasse and this is just what I have to do.

For myself, I am 192 pounds today and that is the last time I hope to ever type that number here (granted, it is 2 pounds from where I initially started but, damn! No more).

I started thinking about the departed Anna Nicole the other day and how she must have felt when she looked in the mirror, after he weight gain. You feel the skinny girl inside, but when you look in the mirror, there is something so morphed and wrong you just can't face the reflection.



Watch CBS Videos Online



I am not naive. I realize that weight loss doesn't make problems disappear and it won't make my life perfect. What it will do is change my perspective of myself. It will allow me to do more with my family and it will allow me to uncover bright things about myself that I have long buried. I am anxious to begin this journey. It seems strange to start on a Saturday, but why the heck not! You know, I was born on a Saturday? Saturday's child works hard for a living. I will work hard and get this blasted weight off once and for all.

I'll post goals soon. Motivation is important to keep my momentum going and I certainly can't lose that...I won't.

0 comments: