Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Blast This Foul Number!

I'm going to loose my mind if the number doesn't change soon. Granted, I'm not working out like I should but, I'm not eating everything in sight either. In fact, I'm staying around 1300 or so calories a day. I don't think I'm in starvation mode, but maybe that's what's happening. I've got to up the anti on my workouts. They are few and far between. Looks like I answered my own questions.

What's the number you ask? 176. It hasn't really changed in days...days, I tell you! A 175 or even 174 would make me happy right about now. Truth be told, I'm just over the 170s altogether. So, 160s, where are you?

Today, for example, I had a protein packed breakfast: scrambled eggs (no grease), 2 strips of thinly sliced bacon and 1 slice of whole wheat toast (no butter) strawberry preserves. Usually, I eat a bowl of raisin bran and another after work that definitely keeps things moving along), but I didn't have time after getting the kids ready and off to school.

For lunch, it was a day out with my coworkers and we ate at a Thai restaurant. I tried something new, the Pra Ram (which was divine!); steamed veggies, tofu and peanut sauce with a few peanut chunks sprinkled on top. It came with a small serving of white rice and a small side salad. For dinner, I'm not sure what I'll have but this is where I start thinking; Damn, I wish I'd gotten a workout in this morning. Then, I wouldn't feel so guilty about the dinner; however, dinner is usually a lite fare. My intentions are good, but there's no follow-through. I've thought about how nice the weather has been and how a walk at the park would certainly help things along. I could do that tonight. I really could! Last night was Gymnastics night and tomorrow night is dance night. Thursday, Friday and Saturday would also work. What is my problem?

Okay. My plan: To walk to the park and walk the track with the Babe and Indy. I don't have to go at a full trot, but a good pace would be great. Two or three times would definitely get the heart rate going and the blood pumping. Following through? Well, we'll see.

0 comments: