Thursday, March 23, 2006

Keeping up with the Momentum


I managed to keep the momentum today. I fed the baby at 4:15am and finished up around 4:25am, which gave me time to throw on my tennies and a sportsbra. Then, I made my way into the living room and got all prepped for toning, toning, toning.

The picture to your left is the video I used this morning. I absolutely love The classic Firm videos, but this one isn't my absolute favorite (but it is only 34 minutes long which is speedy compared to the other videos). It's a lot of ab work, but also inner thigh and outer thigh toning, tables, and gluteals. My tummy is already tender and usually I don't feel muscle workout soreness for, at least, 48 hours. Yikes!

You may be wondering why I stressed the fact that I prefer the classic series. Well, it has more to do with aesthetics. The older, 80's videos were high class productions, filmed with a faux mansion set and gorgeous cinematography. I know, it's only a workout video, but those aspects make them all the more worthwhile. Some of the music is really outdated and chessy, but the exercises, positions and forms? There's nothing that compares. The new videos are sort of bland, but they retain the principles from the old videos. There not just blowing smoke with the guarantee, either. By workout 8, I always start seeing the definition (I'm anxious for that again. Triceps, come on out!).

My favorite tape is the one to the right. Susan Harris leads this tape and, believe me, she puts a body to work! Every muscle group is addressed and I truly believe I've arrived when I can complete the entire 60 minutes without taking breaks or stopping (unless, of course, the performers stop). Again, it's 80's mod and the music and make-up, for that matter, are over-the-top but who cares! If you love the 80's like I do, these little things will only serve to keep you interested. One thing to note is how strong this lady is. I mean, she probably weighs 115 pounds soaking wet, but she's hefting twenty-pound dumbells like a trooper. She's totally my role model! I think I'll be trying this one out again on Saturday, if hubby can give me that much time. We'll see.

Food was pretty good, but I got a little carb happy during breakfast. Hey, what's breakfast without carbs? Anyway, it's not something I do every morning:

Breakfast -3 Aunt Jemima, Frozen Pancakes, approximately two tablespoons regular syrup (I refuse to by light. That stuff is nasty!), 5 canadian bacon slices (low in calories and fat, but packed with protein!).

Lunch - Smart Ones Tuna Casserole Gratin

Dinner - Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Cream Sauce (I've never seen my daughter eat so much chicken. It was amazing. Hubby liked this one, too.)

So, tomorrow I work from home. I'll have to remember to eat because, I start going and totally space it. I'm also trying to get my water down, but that always takes time. Here's to keeping up the momentum.

0 comments: