Thursday, September 30, 2010

Preparing for Visits and Round Three

My best friend is coming soon for a visit. It's her year and I'm incredibly excited. I've been eating mostly protein (very few carbs) to eliminate the "cruise weight" I put on. I got most of it off and then. Bam! TOM! Nice. The water weight left; however, hubby returned with goodies from Vegas that we can't get here in Utah. We had a splurge day and bam! The pounds came back.

The good news is that I'm doing the protein-style diet again and the weight is steadily creeping off. I know more would leave if I could just increase my water (and finish putting together the treadmill that we bought --hopefully, hubby and I can finish it up this weekend).

I didn't start round three after the cruise, as I had planned, because my girlfriend's flight was made for only one month after our return. It would have been such a drag to be in the midst of a round with a friend here from out-of-town (way out of town). No lunches or late night snacks. So, I will start it up the Monday after her departure. I'll do a short round to try and get into the low 130s this time, which should have me stabilize, eventually, into the high 130s. The round should end just before Thanksgiving, putting me in P3 two days before. No cornbread dressing this year, but plenty of turkey and veggies. I'll be able to eat the "happy" goodies at Christmas (in moderation, of course).

1 comments:

Susan said...

I hope you and your bestie have a great visit together. I don't blame you for waiting to do round 3. If I do another round (more of a reshaping), I'll wait until after my bday in January - there's just too much happening in the coming months! I like how easy going you are about allowing a few pounds to creep back on (ending the round in the low 130s and stabilizing in the high 130s), it's certainly food for thought for me, since I'm stressing over it. Thanks for the insight!