Monday, August 02, 2010

Weekend in Vegas - Protein Day


Well, hubby and I had our weekend away. It started off nice enough, but things quickly turned down hill. It's the usual story; hubby and wife get away from the children and then find that there are irritations that go beyond the children and home life. The good news is that we made up, once we got home. We try to work things out whenever we argue it's just some things are harder to get over than others.

Hubby was there to support a friend in a body building show. I was invited to spend the free time with him. Having been to Vegas lots of times, we steered clear of the strip and visited the malls and outlet stores. We also went to our favorite places to eat. Unfortunately, the economy has had it's effect on those, too. Dang it!

The French Market Buffet is rated on of the best in town. We've been several times and have never been disappointed...until Saturday. Ugh! What the heck?! Low quality, tasteless, hard. You name it, we found it. The best thing was the strawberry shortcake and it wasn't even that great. Even the crab legs were ice cold. Bleck! We went to a chicken strip joint Friday night that was oh, so mediocre. (I saved up my carb gram allotment for this?!) We went to In and Out. It was the only thing good that we had, and they're building one right around the corner from my mother's house. Doggone it! We could have waited and ate that here!

I worked out with hubby on Friday afternoon for about 45 minutes and we swam on Saturday (I'm still sore from the swimming) TOM decided to show up Saturday morning, which was three days early after the change in elevation. We went from 4300 feet above sea level to 2000. I've had this happen before...like, getting on a plane to go somewhere and viola! Hello, TOM. So, I didn't weigh the entire time I was gone and I didn't weigh this morning. I had a protein day to sort of counter-act all the drama over the weekend (so not worth it and it's such a shame). I will allow myself more carbs later in the week and, hopefully, they'll be better than what we had this weekend. Here's what I had today:

August 2nd, 2010

Calorie goal: 1,277; calories consumed: 642; calories burned: 0 Net calories: 642 Write in your diary: How do you feel today?
Food Item Servings Cals Fat Cholest Sodium Carbs Sugars Fiber Protein
Bumble Bee Chunk Light Tuna 2.00 100 0g 60mg 360mg 0g 0g 0g 26g
Western Family Real Mayonnaise 1.00 100 11g 5mg 85mg 0g 0g 0g 0g
Heinz Dill Relish 1.00 0 0g 0mg 230mg 0g 0g 0g 0g
Myown Hard Boiled Egg Whites 2.00 36 0g 0mg 0mg 1g 0g 0g 8g
Enchantress's Taco Bake (low in carbs) 1.00 282 18g 172mg 450mg 4g 1g 0g 25g
Guacamole 1.00 60 2g 0mg 130mg 6g 0g 0g 1g
Ezra Brooks Bourbon 1.00 64 0g 0mg 0mg 0g 0g 0g 0g
Coke Zero Cherry Coke Zero 0.75 0 0g 0mg 30mg 0g 0g 0g 0g
Totals: 642 32g 237mg 1,285mg 11g 1g 0g 60g

Oh! I forgot to add my slice of Julian bread with dinner. I thought the fiber would be good to get things "moving", if you know what I mean. The count is so high that the carbs or unsubstantial but I thought I'd at least mention that I had it. Happy Monday!

0 comments: