Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Making Little Strides and Wishing They were Bigger

I haven't posted in a bit, but trust that I have been keeping up with my new, nutritional plan. The cardio workouts are consistent. The weight training was consistent, until I began weight training with hubby. Some days, he just doesn't have the energy to train after working all day. I can't blame him (and I certainly don't complain). I need to insert my Firm workouts again on the weekends, just to be sure I'm getting in some weight training. There are weeks when we only manage one workout (typically Tuesdays).

Friday, I weighed in at 163.5 and I was thrilled! This new plan is pushing me down the slope again and I'm thrilled. I was around this weight when all things came to a halt, so I'm motivated to keep this up. I notice that things regress when we splurge and, unfortunately, we just came off a splurge weekend. Hell, it was worth it. I don't think gorging on Oatmeal cookies is as bad as things could have been. We did eat at Wendy's one of those days and I didn't order my standard "be good" meal (Jr. Hamburger, small chili) and it was tasty! I noticed that I was full for the evening after that junk. I was also feeling crappy the next day (clean systems don't like sludge mucking up the works). I know tomorrow's weigh day probably won't be as kind, but at least I know that being consistent is taking the weight off again. I was stuck for many weeks with no way out.

A little prematurely, I ordered a couple of things from Newport News. I'm not a shopper but they were having a sale that I just couldn't pass up (and a sweater I've been wanting for a couple of years was at an unbeatable price!) I don't want to infringe on my goal items and I hope I'll have funds to do those when the time comes. I'm really excited about potentially being a "hottie" when we go to the Northwest for my hubby's competition. Is it possible that I could arrive the same weight I was in college? How lovely would that be?!

0 comments: